Monday 23 August 2010

Gen 1, Chapter 2 - Head over heels

One day, I decided to go down to the beach for a jog. As I took a break, I looked out to the sea, and reflected on my first week in my new hometown. I suddenly burst into tears, surprising myself and everyone around me I think.

While I was mid-sob, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see that it was the guy! The guy with the stunning green eyes and the amazing guitar skills! I reminded mysself to keep breathing.
"Are you alright?" he asked me in a soft, beautiful voice, his eyes wide with concern.


"Oh, don't worry about me," I said, "I'm crying because I'm happy. I have the over-emotional trait." I rolled my eyes. The guy laughed. After a slight pause, he began to talk again. "I know this is very sudden, but I was wondering if you'd like to go to the bistro with me tomorrow night. I'd like to get to know you a bit better." He seemed shy when he asked me this, and I thought it was so sweet.


My dreams were coming true. "I'd love to." I replied. The smile on my face could not get any bigger. "But I don't even know your name..?"
"How silly of me," he said. "My name's Romeo. Romeo Garcias." It was like it was meant to be. We could have our own Romeo and Juilet story, me being Juilet of course.
I was going to tell him my name, when he stopped me. "Oh I know your name already." he smiled cheekily. "So I'll meet you at 6, tomorrow night?"
I nodded.
"It's a date then." and he left.


I'm just glad I remembered how to breathe.

Soon before the date was going to start, I was just making sure that I looked perfect.



The date was amazing. I learnt a lot about Romeo. I found out that he was half-Spanish hence his surname, and that he had alays wanted to be a musician. I told him about my hopes and my dreams. Romeo made me laugh, and he made me blush, but he was perfect.


Towards the end of the date, things got a bit more.. romantic.
I didn't mind as I felt so comfortable with him. We flirted a bit..


and held hands for a bit...


and then.. he kissed me! HE KISSED ME! I blocked out everything apart from him, nothing but him. I think I almost died. As a hopeless romantic, this was all I had ever dreamed of.


And then he kissed me some more..


It was starting to get a bit crowded at the bistro, so we proceeded to go back to my place.


I knew this day would come and I was very nervous, but Romeo, being the perfect gentleman, eased my worries. And that was it.. I had fell in love and I know Romeo had  too. A feeling of euphoria was spreading through my body.



He moved in with me soon after. He too was amazed with my beautiful house. Some might of said we were moving way too fast, but Romeo was The One, my soulmate, and he told me that too. I was head over heels in love.

3 comments:

Megs♥ said...

I can't believe there aren't more comments on this! It's a great legacy, I'm off to read the rest (:

starling68 said...

Aw thanks! <3
This was one of my first chapters when I didn't really have any followers, but as I got more, I got more comments! :)

I hope you enjoy my legacy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, things are moving along rather quickly! I hope he's as loyal as he seems. Off to read the next chapter. :)