Tuesday 31 August 2010

Gen 1, Chapter 5 - Amazing Grace

After freaking out for a bit, Romeo finally saw sense to call us a taxi to take us to the hospital.


It was the worst car ride of my life. I was experiencing a level of pain I had never felt before. We eventually reached the hospital though, and just in time too.


It wasn't a particulary difficult labour, but it hurt so bloody much. It as completely worth it however, when I saw the little angel in my arms.
Little Gracie Hope was born on a beautiful, starry Saturday night, and weighed a healthy 6oz, 7lb.


It was too early to tell whose eye or hair colour she'd have, but she definately had her father's tanned Spanish skin. When we got home, I  was shattered, but all I wanted to do was hold Grace and marvel at her. This was the happiest moment of my life so far, (you know me - I cried!) and it was definately Romeo's too. He made me see sense though ans I put our little beauty to rest, before we went to sleep ourselves.


It was around 2am when we had crying from the nursery. I was going to get up when Romeo got up himself and said to me "Go back to sleep Violet. I'll see to Gracie, you've done enough hard work today!" He chuckled. I smiled.
Romeo fed and changed her, and I could faintly hear him singing her a lullaby, his beautiful, soft voice sending me back to sleep too!


5 months had past since that extraordinary day. Romeo was really proving to be a great dad. You could see how much he loved her.


I really loved her too. My heart selled up everytime I looked at her, or touched her, everytime she grabbed my little finger with her tiny fist. I couldn't believe I had created such an exquistite human being.


One day Romeo insisted that we take a break, go to the beach or something. It was a beautiful day so I agreed. We left Gracie with a babysitter and made our way down there.
To prove that he was learning how to cook he made us some hotdogs on the grill. They did look pretty good!

And then Romeo, ever the romantic, started to serenade me! I was shocked in a good way. It was the most romantic thing anyone had ever done for me!

Once his little song was finished, he put his guitar away and got down on one knee!
"Oh my God, oh my God" were the thoughts in my head.

He brought out a blue velvet box and started a heartfelt speech. "Violet, ever since I met you, you have made me the happiest man on this planet. You really don't understand how much I love you. I would walk a thousand miles on broken glass for you, I would take a bullet for you. I want to grow old with you, and see our daughter grow up and have her own family. And that's why I'm here, like this, today. Violet Hope, will you marry me?"

My eyes welled up. Romeo was and always will be the man I wanted to be with.
"Yes, yes, a million times yes!" I replied.


Romeo smiled the biggest, most happiest smile ever. He placed the beautiful, shining ring on my finger. I leapt into his arms and hugged him and hugged him.


We met on this beach, and now we were engaged on this beach. How romantic <3
I don't think I got get any happier, I really don't.


7 comments:

starling68 said...

Sorry this chapter was so long and had so many pictures! I got a bit over-excited lol >.<

Thea said...

Awww it is so sweet. A little baby girl and an engagement. Are you going to show us pictures of the wedding?

starling68 said...

Yes it's a very happy time for them :)
Yep, I will definately be posting pictures of the wedding, it will probably not be in the next chapter but the one after it.
I'm glad your still reading! :D

Jojo777 said...

Awww, that was such a cute update! Can't wait for more, it totally didn't feel too long for me :)

starling68 said...

Thank you! The next chapter should be up tomorrow or Sunday :)

PiB - Nicarra said...

Aww. I love the beach in SV. It's pretty and makes a great background for romance - most of my weddings end up there.

Anonymous said...

Very cute chapter! Can't wait to see what Grace looks like as a toddler.