Friday 27 August 2010

Gen 1, Chapter 4 - Me and The Bump

As shocked as I was, I was still delighted that I was pregnant. All I had ever wanted was to start a family with a man I loved, and now it was happening for me. To have a life growing inside of me was just the most amazing experience ever. All I wanted to do was care and nourish for the little life I was carrying. However, I still hadn't told Romeo, but luckily my bump wasn't showing yet.


I met with Morgana for lunch at a cute little Parisian cafe. I needed to share my worries with someone, and I couldn't think of a better person than my best friend.


"Vi, why did you need to talk to me so urgently?"
"Well.. I'm pregnant."
"No way! Congratulations!" Morgana exclaimed. "How did Romeo react?"
I paused. "I.. I haven't told him yet."
"VIOLET! You're carrying HIS BABY! You need to tell him!"
"I know, I know." I sighed. "I'm just a bit worried.."


"Worried? Why are you worried hun?" Morgana asked.
"I mean, I've only know him for 4 months or so and now I'm pregnant! I don't want him to get freaked out!"  I confessed.
"Listen to me babe. He loves you so much. You're his life and I know that he would love nothing more than to start a family with you."
That heartfelt speech ended any worries I had. I gave Morgana a great big hug. "Thank you. Thank you for everything."
"No problem Violet. You know I've got your back."


I went home to find Romeo to tell him the good news. I found him with his head in a cooking book! (He didn't break his promise! I love this guy!)

"Hey honey." I called as I walked in our house.
"Well hello there gorgeous!" he looked up at me from the book and smiled.
"Can I talk to you? I've got something I need to tell you."
Romeo looked at me, concerned. "Of course. What's the matter babe?"
"I got my results back from the doctor and I'm not ill.. I'm pregnant!"


"Oh my God." He seemed speechless. It could go either way at this point. "That's fantastic!"



I was so relieved, and so happy.
"I couldn't think of a better woman that I could start a family with. I will be the best dad ever, I promise." Romeo said.
"I know you will. I love you."
"I love you more. More than you could ever love me."


Throughout the whole pregnancy Romeo cared for me and the Bump will such devotion and dedication. He was always talking and feeling my tummy,

making me food when I had cravings at 3am in the morning (I had a lot of cheese-based cravings for a reason!), and he even took time off work to look after me.
We both bought pregnancy books so we would know what to expect. The books were pretty.. graphic, but it was essential we read them.


Each day my bump was getting bigger and bigger. I found it such an exhilarating experience. Romeo still couldn't believe it!


The due date was getting very near. Then one night, as I was playing chess on the computer when I shot of pain stabbed me.
"Oh no." I said.
"Violet.. Violet what's the matter?" Romeo came over to see what was going on.


I could only manage one simple sentence. "I think my water just broke."

4 comments:

Thea said...

Aww what a sweet guy that Romeo is. I can't wait to see that baby!

starling68 said...

I know, he is such a sweetheart. <3
You'll see the baby soon ;)

PiB - Nicarra said...

Still very sweet. I'm glad he took the news well.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that he took the news well, time to visit the labor ward!