Monday 18 October 2010

Gen 2, Chapter 1 - The first day of many

Everyone knows that the first day of high school is important. It's the day when you get labelled a 'nerd' or a 'jock' or a 'goth.' So no-one was as nervous as me on that first day. I felt like a little fish entering a big, big world.
Both Julia and Yvette were going to a different school as me, so I felt really nervous about not knowing anyone.
Mum just said that I would make friends in no time, that she didn't give me a name that meant "natural charm" for no reason.
And she was right (as always!)

High school was nowhere as cliquey as I imagined. I talked to anyone and everyone. At lunch I sat on a table with at least 10 people, and everyone was just so friendly.
One of those people was Lauren. She fast become my best friend. I could talk to her for hours and hours about nothing in particular, or crack private jokes that no-one else got.


One day, me and Lauren were just talking over the phone when she asked me if we should try out for the upcoming cheerleading 'auditions'. I agreed, thinking that it would be a laugh, not seriously thinking that we would get through!
But we did get through! Me and Lauren became cheerleaders!
It was pretty cool to be honest, and we got kitted out in these cute cheerleading dresses.
But we had practice every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which meant the rest of my time was spent studying, studying, studying!


And speaking of the academic side of school, I was doing pretty well in all my lessons. Not as well as Mum of course - after all she is a genius! - but well enough.
Except in Art.

In Art I was getting A*s!
My teacher Miss Wells said that I was her star pupil.
Dad said that he wasn't surprised at all!
I suppose I wasn't surprised either - art just seems to be something I'm naturally good at.

And on the boy front?
Nothing. Nada.
(I thought that would be appropriate, since Dad is trying to teach me Spanish.)
I was too busy for a boyfriend anyway, what with my cheerleading duties and my school duties.

However, on one of those rare evenings off, I decided to going for a jog around town, being a Lover of the Outdoors and all.
I ended up finishing my jog at the beach, and was going to head home as dusk had fallen, when I saw this guy just laying there in one of the sun loungers, staring at the stars.
I was just intrigued by him and I decided to go over to him. The reason why I don't know, but I felt compelled to go over there, like there was some sort of... attraction?!


I laid down on the sun lounger next to him. I just laid there for a minute, listening to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. Then I turned my head to him.
"I love looking at the stars too. ...This may sound a bit stupid, but they're just sort of magical. I could really spend all day looking at them."


He stayed silent for a moment or two and then he turned his head to me.
He had the most beautiful green eyes, just a shade lighter than mine, and these long, curling eyelashes that framed them. And his hair! His hair looked soft and wavy and I felt a sudden urge just to run my fingers through it.
I felt this all within a second of him looking at me.

"No, it doesn't sound stupid at all." He replied, in a husky, seductive voice.
"I feel the same way. My grandfather was an astrologer and he used to take me up to his lab and show me all the stars in his fancy telescope. And I thought that one day, just one day, they would wave to me or smile at me. I was only 7 then." He laughed, reminising.
"I've loved stars ever since." He paused. "My grandfather died a couple of years ago though."
He fell quiet.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I exclaimed.
"You have no need to be sorry."
Then a small, sexy half-smile formed on his lips.

Oh God.
I've fallen.
I've fallen for him hard.

A ring came from my mobile phone, shattering that amazing, wonderful moment.
It was Mum. "You need to get home! Curfew's in ten minutes!"

Crap. I thought. That's not good. And what bad timing too.
I got up. "I'm sorry, I've got to go." I said to the guy. I grabbed my stuff and started to walked towards the road, ready to hail a taxi.
"Wait! You don't even know my name!" He called out to me. "My name's Marcus. Marcus Andre."
I stopped in my tracks.

Marcus. The word tingled on my lips.

I was going to carry on walking when he called out again. "But I don't even know your name!"
I turned around. "I'm Gracie. Gracie Hope." I said flirtily and then I carried on walking.

And I knew that he was still staring at me as I walked away.


 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I forgot to mention that Marcus Andre was created by mene and you can download him here.
(I just remodelled him a little bit!)

Thank you guys for still reading and commenting! It truly means the world to me! x

11 comments:

VickyLouise said...

Great start to generation 2!

I hope she gets to see more of Marcus :D

starling68 said...

Thanks! You'll just have to wait and see.. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I saw your thread about it on ts3.com and came and checked it out! It's going great!! Hopefully she'll see more of Marcus.

starling68 said...

Thank you WickedJr! :)
I wasn't saw if anyone was actually visiting that thread, or if I was just talking to myself haha.

Thea said...

Ooh I love the first meeting of those two. This is going to be a very hot gen I feel :-D

Jojo777 said...

Ooh, love it, can't wait to see what happens with Gracie and Marcus!

starling68 said...

Thanks Thea & Jojo! :D

Anonymous said...

Aww! love the update. :)

starling68 said...

Thank you! :)

PiB - Nicarra said...

:) Busy busy Gracie. Lovely boy she found.

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, cupid seems to be letting his arrows loose already! Nice update. :)