Saturday 2 October 2010

Gen 1, Chapter 9 - Missing you.

It had been a couple of weeks since Romeo left for his whirlwind tour, and it was a very difficult time for me. I never realised how much I rely on him, how big a part of my life he is.
I was missing him. Missing him badly.

I hated having an empty space next to me when I slept..

and I hated having to cook (for fear that I was going to poison me and Gracie - are you surprised that Romeo is the cook of the house?!)

I've been emailing Romeo though and he's been sending me snaps from all over the world. Him in front of the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Taj Mahal!
And pictures of him and his family - I'm very happy that he's got to see them after all this time.

 Gracie seemed to be coping just fine, unlike me. I shouldn't be surprised though, she's a strong girl underneath all her brightness and sunshine.

She had been making lots of friends at school! More specifically Julia Landagrabb, who's become her best friend. Gracie got invited to her house, and she was really excited. I would be too though, if I got to go to the Landagrabb's huge mansion!


As well as making lots of friends, Gracie got on to the honour roll! She ran straight home one day exclaiming "I got on the honour roll! I'm on the honour roll!"
Bless her heart. I'm very proud of her, I just wish Romeo was here to see it.

As I hugged her one day, she whispered in my ear "Don't worry Daddy will be back soon."
I was amazed. I have a truly wondeful daughter.



On an different note, I've now been promoted to a Neurosurgeon! It's a lot of responsibility, but my boss Jaime said that she wouldn't have promoted me if she wasn't sure I could handle it.
So now I'm nearly there. I'm nearly a world-renowned surgeon, which has always been my biggest goal.

Months had passed, the same old routine, emersing myself in my work then coming home and looking after Gracie.
When one day, the door rang. I wasn't particulary bothered, I just thought it would be the pizzaman, or someone unimportant. So imagine my delight when I saw Romeo standing in front of me!

"ROMEO!" I lept into his arms.

"What are you doing here?" I said breathlessly. "I thought you weren't coming back home for a couple more weeks!"
"I had to come back. I missed you and Gracie too much. I didn't miss out on much of the tour, there was only three more concerts to go."
"I missed you sooo much. " I grabbed his hands.

"Gracie!" I called out. "Daddy's home!"
"Daddy!" She flew down the stairs and wrapped herself in Romeo's arms.
It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen.


After a long catch up, I just fell into his arms. There are no words to describe that moment.
I was just glad to have him back.


8 comments:

Jojo777 said...

Awww, that was so incredibly sweet! I loved it :)

Katy said...

aww, yeay i love this story! :)

VickyLouise said...

Awww! Thats so sweet! :D
Im glad she has Romeo back home again

Thea said...

So cute! Glad he is back with them. I would have hated it if she had to suffer too much loneliness

starling68 said...

Thank you all! :D

Gomar6 said...

Loving your legacy. :) I just started reading it.

starling68 said...

Thank you very much! :)

Anonymous said...

Simply too cute! It's good to see the family all back together again.